- Faculty: Molecular diagnostics
- Degrees: Head of Laboratory of molecular diagnostics
- Website: wwww.uni-lj.si/university
Personal data: Born February 1, 1961 in Catanzaro (Italy).
Address: Second Faculty of Medicine
St. Andrea Hospital
Sapienza University of Rome
Via di Grottarossa, 1035
00189 Roma, Italy
1989 Specialization in Laboratory Medicine "cum laude"
1984 Degree in Medicine "cum laude" at the University of Rome La Sapienza, with an experimental thesis in Biochemistry.
2003-present Full professor of Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Psicology, Sapienza University of Rome
2000 Full professor of Biochemistry, II Faculty of Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome
1994 Full professor of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chieti, Italy
1988 Researcher at the National Research Council, Center of Molecular Biology
2003-present Director of the Advanced Molecular Diagnosis Unit (DiMA), Sant'Andrea Hospital, Sapienza University of Rome
1998-2000 Director of the Specialty School in Laboratory Medicine, University of Chieti
- Primary structure of antioxidant proteins.
- Bioactive peptides peptides with pharmacological or antibacterial activities from amphibian skin: structure, activity and identification of post-translational modifications in bioactive peptides.
- Phytotoxic lipodepsipeptides from Pseudomonas syringae.
- Proteomic studies on T lymphocytes (2DE/MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry) as biosensors
- Personalized Medicine
2003-present Support to NGO Hansenian's Ethiopian Welfare Organization and Tygray Health Bureau to improve the healthy system of Tygray.
2003-2004 Training courses in laboratory medicine for physicians and health officers of Tygray.
2005-2006 Set up of a new laboratory for diagnostic service in the HEWO hospital Quià (Ethiopia).
2005-2007 Fund raising and set up of a new pediatric Unit with 16 beds (baby-mother) at the HEWO hospital Quià (Ethiopia).
2007-2008 Board of Master Plan for Kordofan (Sudan).
Italian Proteomics Association (ItPA), founding member
Italian Personalized Medicine Society (SIMeP), member of the board
European Society of Pharmacogenomics and Theranostics (ESPT), member of the board